[Zope-dev] Re: Mailinglists on Launchpad

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Sun Feb 24 15:30:28 EST 2008

Hi,

Jim Fulton schrieb:

>> - Will existing administrators and moderators be able to continue
>>   working with lists as easily as currently (preferably, they shouldn't
>>   even notice the change).
>
> I think this is mostly me.  I don't want to do this any more.  I'm
> hoping that we can find some new moderators as part of the move.  In any
> case, I think Launchpad is using mailman, so I don't think it
> administration will change much, except that Launchpad will probably do
> a better job of keeping mailman current and, given that they employ one
> of the mailman authors, are in a better position to make improvements to
> make things easier.

My first mailing included a link to the help pages of launchpad
mailinglists. As I understand them, the lists are administered by
creating groups and set `I want a mailinglist for this group`.

Meaning: people will notice the change as it's mailman through the
launchpad site.

Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle (saale) - germany