AW: AW: [Zope-dev] zope.viewlet 3.4.1 release broken

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Thu Jan 24 11:32:56 EST 2008

Hi Christian

> Betreff: Re: AW: [Zope-dev] zope.viewlet 3.4.1 release broken
>

> On 24.01.2008, at 17:11, Roger Ineichen wrote:
>
> > Hi Christian
> >
> >> Betreff: [Zope-dev] zope.viewlet 3.4.1 release broken
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> the release of zope.viewlet 3.4.1 on pypi is missing the
> data files
> >> (like .txt and .zcml), hence it is unusable. Also the date in the
> >> CHANGES is wrong (2007 should be 2008)
> >
> > No it doesn't miss the data. Your linux is just not able to extract
> > them. It works on windows box.
>
> Interesting. So still the package would be broken for most
> users. I'm using Mac OS btw.

Yes, I guess it's broken on mac too. And I asked Stephan
one hour after this happens to re-release them. Fixed eggs
are on the way.

But note if you need a stable version it's a bad idea to
depend on new eggs. You will not get into trouble if you
use a KGS. That's what the KGS is for. Broken eggs can happen
like any other thing in development. Released eggs are never stable
by default. I told that since we started with the buildout and
egg concept. Because the egg build and distribution trak misses
a test or stagging concept.

> >> Roger, it is good that you do releases, but could to please
> >> take take of making them proper?
> >
> > Probably you know already. That's a (linux) bug in the python
> > tar library. I did nothing wrong. It's just broken if you extract
> > the files from the egg. on linux. Everything is build correct.
>
> Could you clearify why the package I built works then? That's the
> great mystery I suppose ;)

I have no idea what you did? Can you explain who you built the egg?
Then I can tell you what what's the difference between what I and what you
did.