[Zope-dev] Zope 3 on Python 2.5, Zope 3 releases

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Jul 4 14:15:52 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm curious about the plans of Zope 3 on Python 2.5.

Me too, and I have been for ages, but I've gotten nowhere :-(

> * Are people using Zope 3 with Python 2.5 already? What are your
> experiences?

Apparently, it's all good to go, even RestrictedPython.
The thing stopping me is that no-one seems willing and able (in that
combination, I'm willing but don't have the right c-compiler) to build
Windows binaries and get them up on PyPI.

I'll ask again: what can I do to help with this?

I particularly care about:

zope.security
zope.component
zope.interface
RestrictedPython

...and any dependencies.

> * Are there plans for a release after Zope 3.4? I'm just assuming that
> Zope 3.4.0c1 is actually the only release that Zope 3.4 is going to see.
> Any plans or interest in a Zope 3.5?

I don't know what these mean anymore.
With smaller eggs, surely it's just a case of getting compatible
versions of the smaller libraries. And surely each egg's setup.py will
make sure this happens?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk