[Zope-dev] Test runner: layers, subprocesses, and tear down

Benji York benji at zope.com
Sat Jul 5 16:12:33 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 3:18 AM, Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com> wrote:

> We could use layers as a hint to create subprocesses, but should split
> up layers if they are too large to fit the X/N rule (maybe with a margin
> of a few percent to avoid splits for single or few tests).

It probably wouldn't be too hard to automatically break "large" layers
into several small layers.  It's also not hard for people with very
large layers that care about parallel execution time to break them up
themselves.  I'm not opposed to automatic layer segmentation (as long as
it's implemented well), but also don't think it's all that important.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer