[Zope-dev] Zope 3 on Python 2.5, Zope 3 releases

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sat Jul 5 17:26:37 EDT 2008

On Thursday 26 June 2008, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> I'm curious about the plans of Zope 3 on Python 2.5.
>
> * Are people using Zope 3 with Python 2.5 already? What are your
> experiences?

Yes, works flawlessly. The problems in zope.security and zope.proxy that I
recently found (and fixed) exist for Python 2.4 as well.

> * Are there plans for a release after Zope 3.4? I'm just assuming that
> Zope 3.4.0c1 is actually the only release that Zope 3.4 is going to see.

Yeah, yeah. Next week I am traveling, so I plan to just update the packages to
the latest bug-fix release and publish it.

> Any plans or interest in a Zope 3.5?

For me the interest is more of having a stable KGS than the TAR ball.

> * Is someone exercising the "trunk" version of KGS, running the tests to
> see whether everything works together?

No I have not started doing that yet.

> Is someone actually updating the versions?

No, but producing it is not that much work.

> Could we somehow broaden the community for this?

Yes, please. It effectively means giving more people to the directories on
download.zope.org.

> What would the policy be for checkins of Zope-related packages? Could we
> use new Python 2.5 features, for instance?

That's a good question. I am +1 for that.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter