[Zope-dev] RestrictedPython implementation in zope2.

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jul 10 19:23:59 EDT 2008

Hey Stephan,

It's good to know we have some eyes on this particular topic. Thanks
Stephan! I talked to Chris about this at the EuroPython conference
after Chris started offering free beer and even bottles of champagne
for people who could point out flaws (beer) and submit fixes with
tests (champagne). Unfortunately for everybody now suddenly hopeful
this offer has since expired (nobody took him up on it during
EuroPython :).

Hopefully we can distribute some hints and tips on this amongst us.
Being a summer of code student, the student is in there also for the
learning exercise after all, so perhaps this is an opportunity to
learn a little about the AST. That said, if Ranjith gets stuck we
would understand just fine, and just a report by Ranjith on the status
of his researches for be valuable for whoever comes and tries to fix
it after him (as this does need to get fixed in some way).

Regards,

Martijn