[Zope-dev] zope.testing 3.6.0 released

Benji York benji at zope.com
Thu Jul 10 22:55:59 EDT 2008

3.6.0 of zope.testing is out with my subprocess parallelization branch
merged (plus I fixed a few bugs in the trunk).  There were several
other changes, here's the pertinent part of the release notes:

- Added -j option to parallel tests run in subprocesses.

- RENormalizer accepts plain Python callables.

- Added --slow-test option.

- Added --no-progress and --auto-progress options.

- Complete refactoring of the test runner into multiple code files and a
  more modular (pipeline-like) architecture.

- Unified unit tests with the layer support by introducing a real unit
  test layer.

- Added a doctest for ``zope.testing.module``. There were several bugs
  that were fixed:

  * ``README.txt`` was a really bad default argument for the module
    name, as it is not a proper dotted name. The code would immediately
    fail as it would look for the ``txt`` module in the ``README``
    package. The default is now ``__main__``.

  * The tearDown function did not clean up the ``__name__`` entry in the
    global dictionary.

  * Fix a bug that caused a SubprocessError to be generated if a
    subprocess sent any output to stderr.

  * Fix a bug that caused the unit tests to be skipped if run in a
    subprocess.

--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer