[Zope-dev] transaction.doom() and ZPublisher

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sat Jul 12 01:17:31 EDT 2008

--On 10. Juli 2008 17:09:36 +0200 Brian Sutherland
<brian at vanguardistas.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 12:12:06AM -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
>> Hi,

> I havn't investigated properly, but it may be necessary to do the
> isDoomed() check at a higher level where you can abort.

What do you mean by "higher level"? I think that the check  within the
ZPublisher is the highest and right place.

> Code running
> after the commit() expects a new transaction and now will not get that.

You refer to code executed as part of a ZODB post-commit handler?
If a transaction is doomed then such handlers should never be executed -
right?

Andreas