[Zope-dev] Test runner: layers, subprocesses, and tear down

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Jul 13 02:04:15 EDT 2008

Benji York wrote at 2008-7-3 17:44 -0400:
>On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 17:22 -0400, Benji York wrote:
>>> I'd like to 1) remove the layer tear-down mechanism entirely, and 2)
>>> make (almost) all layers run in a subprocess.

You are aware that layers can be nested?

  The implication of this is that a sublayer (run in a subprocess)
  either must start from scratch and reconstruct the fixture
  built in the superlayer (potentially expensive) or
  must access the resources inherited from the forking process.

The latter (accessing resources inherited from the forking process)
is very brittle. I had to give it up in a different context.

--
Dieter