AW: [Zope-dev] Re: No events in zope.annotation

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Wed Jul 16 11:33:39 EDT 2008

Hi Stephan

> Betreff: Re: [Zope-dev] Re: No events in zope.annotation

[...]

> > I do not think that I have a single annotation that is a
> simple type.
> > I cannot even think of a quick example where any of the Zope 3 core
> > packages have/use simple type annotations.
>
> FWIW none of my code uses anything other than simple types
> for annotations.

Even worse, I store objects in the annotation wich are added to
a real IContainer as items somewhere else. This objects are created,
added etc. already in the other container and provide locations
from there.

How can you skip events for this referenced objects?

I think a event ware PrincipalAnnotation should be
a second option and the existing should stay without events.

Or probably add a property like:
principalAnnotation.notifyAddedEvent = True

Or implement a pattern which allows to notify events
for specific interfaces if items get added.

I'm fine with everything if you make sure that you
don't notify events for my referenced objects. At least
not with default events which hook up existing subscribers.

Regards
Roger Ineichen