[Zope-dev] Re: [Repoze-dev] repoze.bfg

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Thu Jul 17 17:35:51 EDT 2008

Chris McDonough wrote:
> I had planned to create another package named repoze.lemonade which:
>   - Did indexing of content.

What were you thinking of for indexing?  Just catalog stuff?  More general?

There's been a tension in the opencore stuff with the catalog, mostly
that it's easy to setup and use for things, but it doesn't really work
for things outside of the ZODB.  Or, I guess theoretically you could
catalog things not in the ZODB, but it's never happened.

That said, there's a real need for cross-system indexing of different
kinds.  There's text search indexes, but other kinds of more strict
indexes also make sense.  It would be very handy to have an index that
wasn't tied to the ZODB, a database, or anything else.  (It could be
implemented using the ZODB or a database, of course.)

--
Ian Bicking : ianb at colorstudy.com : http://blog.ianbicking.org