[Zope-dev] Re: Restricted Python not handling slices correctly

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Jun 5 15:34:06 EDT 2008

On Thursday 05 June 2008, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Stephan Richter wrote:
> > I am starting to use Restricted Python a lot
>
> I'm curious to learn what you're using it for.

I cannot give you the full details yet, but Keas, the company I am working for
now, has been developing a domain-specific language that is based on Python.
We did some cool stuff overriding slicing and item lookup; I will be able to
say more once we launched.

Clearly we do not allow to run unrestricted Python and run everything in
restricted Python. The slicing and getitem syntax is very central to us, so
then the problem popped up pretty quickly.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter