[Zope-dev] buildbot news: sending notifications and current broken builds

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Fri Jun 6 02:23:40 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've watched my buildbot send out notifications for a while and pondered how
to make them available to more people. I decided to send them to this list on
a 'problem' level.

The 'problem' level sends a message when a builder changes from a good state
to a bad state but doesn't send a new message on subsequent failing builds.

For me this has been reasonably quiet over the last two weeks although about
60 builders are broken.

The risk of sending mail here is that a massive build failure can cause about
200 messages being send at once. If anybody knows a better approach with
buildbot, please let me know, I'd be happy to implement it.

For everyone else: please have a look at the list of broken builds:
http://zopebuildbot.whq.gocept.com/cruise

If a project that you feel responsible for is broken, please check out whats
wrong and maybe fix it. If the build environment isn't suitable, I'll be happy
to help. This page should show a green bar!

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com