[Zope-dev] status zc.yuiresource

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Jun 11 15:24:12 EDT 2008

On Jun 11, 2008, at 12:09 PM, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I saw Jim started work on a zc.yuiresource, but then stopped before
> it did anything useful. I assume it was going to make the YUI
> libraries available as a resource library. The strategy would be to
> check in a release of YUI, add the right ZCML, and then release the
> whole thing as an egg.
>
> But before any of that happened, Jim stopped. Jim, is there any
> special reason this work didn't continue?

Yes, I got bogged down trying to decide how to make it work. :)

Unlike Ext, YUI is distributed as lots of individual files.  To know
which ones to load, you have to know their dependencies, or you have
to use the loader.  In the short term, I decided to just use the
loader *and* use files hosted off the YUI site.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation