[Zope-dev] Re: SVN: z3c.pt/trunk/ In debug mode the actual source code for file templates is written out to a <filename>.source file, to make it easier to inspect it.

Malthe Borch mborch at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 15:39:01 EDT 2008

 > Hanno Schlichting wrote:
 >> Log message for revision 87393:
 >>   In debug mode the actual source code for file templates is written
out to a <filename>.source file, to make it easier to inspect it.

 >>   Make debug mode setting explicit in a config.py. Currently it is
bound to Python's __debug__, which is False when run with -O and
otherwise True.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to litter the file system with these
files; they'll probably confuse most users. At the same time, as far as
I can tell, we do need to actually save the generated Python-code to
disk to get proper debugging.

Can we write them to a temporary directory? If we assign a filename
based on the hash of the contents, the space occupied should be fairly
limited.

\malthe