[Zope-dev] Re: Extend specification of how to maintain the changelog

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Thu Jun 19 03:51:05 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 09:08:54AM +0200, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> On Jun 18, 2008, at 20:30 , yuppie wrote:
>> The current Zope 2 policy doesn't make sure the change history of
>> unreleased versions is complete. But that's no essential part of that
>> policy. And working with unreleased versions you might use subversion
>> anyway.
>
> See, I think that's bad. The change log should reflect all changes, be
> it in a released version or from Subversion. Or be it a release branch
> or the trunk.

Please note that our use of the CHANGES.txt is more that of `release notes`
meaning it should have a more condensed form of what would be available using
`svn log`. I wouldn't see the point maintaining a text file that has identical
information that could be retrieved from SVN.

The condensed form is intended to provide better usability than to wade
through hundreds of commits.

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com