[Zope-dev] Re: Extend specification of how to maintain the changelog

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Thu Jun 19 03:54:24 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 11:09:17PM +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> [...]
> If I know I normally only have to check the bottom (or top) of each
> section to see whether something got added since last time I checked,
> there's less chance I'll miss it and make a mistake.
>
> It's not a major point, but it'd be nice if everybody acted more or
> less the same instead of changelog sections growing from both ends.

Sure. It's not the major target group either. During development I tend to use
SVN to find the changes since last time I looked.

Between releases the ordering is mostly important on the release level, not
inside as releases are the atomic step for people to update to.

My preference would be to have more important changes first.

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com