[Zope-dev] Re: Extend specification of how to maintain the changelog

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu Jun 19 06:48:42 EDT 2008

On Jun 19, 2008, at 12:32 , yuppie wrote:

> There is always *one* well defined current maintenance branch.
> Version numbering *does* imply a time line if you ignore old
> maintenance branches. It's not hard at all to get this right.

I don't think that assumption holds true. Again, using the CMF as an
example, there were times when we had 3 release branches. I don't want
to start a discussion why that was or how to prevent that from
happening, I'm just saying it's not correct to say you always have
just one maintenance branch. And that's where all those fancy schemes
fall down.

jens