[Zope-dev] Re: created z3c.saconfig

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Fri Jun 20 02:59:20 EDT 2008

Am Freitag, 20. Juni 2008 00:14 schrieb Martijn Faassen:
> Hey,
>
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > I intend to add support for a local utility soon,
> > inspired by some code sent to me by Hermann Himmelbauer.
>
> This is now in there. It only looks faintly like Hermann's code, but it
> was still very useful.

Thanks for the flowers. :-)

> This now works against the trunk of zope.sqlalchemy as well, as Laurence
>   merged my branch. I do think my code currently requires SQLAlchemy
> 0.5beta1 or higher.

Does it really? Because in the README.txt doctests, there seems to be
a "session.save()" directive that is AFAIK deprecated by "session.add()".

> Overall I'm quite pleased by this code. It's straightforward, and leaves
> to SQLAlchemy as much as possible, and just passes configuration
> parameters for engines and sessions along if you define them for the
> utilities.

Yes, that's also my overall impression.

> It doesn't offer any user interface code or schemas itself;
> that's up to the application or framework developer. It's also
> flexible. Configuration information could be retrieved from any place a
> developer would like; hardcoded in Python, or the ZODB. I think it
> wouldn't be hard to write custom utilities that look up configuration in
> configuration files such as zope.conf or ZCML as well.

In this part, I'd like to have something in the package as well, at least,
some guidance of how to do this.

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7