[Zope-dev] Re: buildout on Windows

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sat Jun 21 14:15:25 EDT 2008

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> This isn't a matter of a binary zope.proxy egg. If you look at the
> 'zope2' part of your buildout.cfg, you'll see it's actually trying to
> compile Zope 2 itself (which happens to contain the zope.proxy package
> as part of the Zope 3 libraries that it ships with).

Right, this doesn't seem sane.

Is this the fault of the recipe or of buildout?

> What you want to do on Windows is install Zope 2 manually using the
> installers, then edit buildout.cfg to NOT build Zope 2, but to refer to
> the installation location, e.g.:

Well, I really don't ;-) I want buildout to get binary eggs on windows
or (and I know I'm asking  a lot here) to get a binary Zope 2 if it
needs one.

I'm still hazy on what the problem is... Will buildout use binary eggs
if they're available? (given that it's Windows where this is
particularly important...)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk