[Zope-dev] Re: zope.sendmail Retry fixes and new state machine.

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Mar 11 09:58:58 EDT 2008

On Mar 11, 2008, at 9:46 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:
> You can also document your edgecase in the same way as comments
> within your
> unittests.

This is true in theory, but in practice, it almost never happens.

There is no guarantee that doctests will contain useful text, but they
encourage text which has a greater chance of being useful than no text
at all.

> Agreed. But unittests are for certain tests more suitable. E.g. if
> you need a complex and bigger fixture or something like that.

Unit testst don't make it any easier or harder to write test
fixtures.  They *do* encourage the use of inheritance to write text
fixtures, which tends, in my experience to make them harder to
understand.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton