AW: [Zope-dev] Re: New i18n locale extraction concept

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Thu May 1 17:29:22 EDT 2008

Hi Hanno

> Betreff: [Zope-dev] Re: New i18n locale extraction concept
>
> Hi.
>
> Roger Ineichen wrote:
> > I added a new package for extract i18n locales and I have some
> > questions.
> >
> > Is it posible to split the zope.app.locales package into a package
> > which offers the interfaces and classes e.g. PotMaker, the generic
> > extract.py file and another one which provides the translation for
> > zope.app?
>
> +1, right now I copied over the extract.py and interfaces.py to my
> i18ndude package, to avoid the zope.app dependency. The
> remaining dependencies on zope.i18n/messageid and zope.tal
> are perfectly reasonable IMO.

Yes

> I also had to make some adjustment where the code wheren't
> flexible enough, which I would like to merge back into the
> main line or the new package.

The main changes in the new concept is, that it uses egg or
develop externals as -d option and theoriginal package uses
path for the -d option.

I think both concept could stay intact. The recipe could be used
for extract locales for egg based packages and the original
could be used for locales which are a part of the package itself.

This whould avoid confusing others

> I'm not good with names, but something like zope.i18nextract
> would work for me.

+1, that's fine for me