AW: AW: [Zope-dev] Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: New i18n locale extraction concept

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Fri May 9 09:18:06 EDT 2008

Hi Stephan

> Betreff: Re: AW: [Zope-dev] Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: New i18n
> locale extraction concept

[...]

> > Probably it works in some ues case but for sure not in all.
> > Let's give a sample. If you define a interface like
> >
> > foo = zope.schema.Choice(
> >     title=_('Title'),
> >     vocabulary=foo.bar.myVocabularyFromPackageFoo
> >     )
>
> You do not need a running environment for the Python message
> extractions; you need it for ZCML (I think). Python is
> extracted using the parser module and looking for _ function
> calls with a string in it.

Yes, I probably explaind it wrong.
The above sample fails because it stops the extraction if it
loads the zcml. The module foo.bar must be available if the
schema/field is used in a class or other ZCML directives.
I guess other extraction concept will work with missing imports.

Anyway, Since zcml is a default part of zope locale extraction
it make no sense to me to not using a working setup for
locale extraction. Grok? Does Grok not use zcml extraction?
If not, we could probably change the z3c.recipe and disable
the default zcml extractor.

btw, with a working setup I don't talk about a running server.
But at least all dependent packages should be there. And since
we have a buildout concept, I think it's the simplest way to
setup such dependencies and provide a working set.

Regards
Roger Ineichen