[Zope-dev] BrowserIdManager help!

Miles miles at jamkit.com
Sun May 11 16:20:38 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am attempting to integrate a zope site with some other applications.

I'm trying to get another application to set the _ZopeId browser/session
cookie, so that users can move between the two with a single login.

This requires me to reproduce the code below, so a valid broser Id is
returned:

(from Products.Sessions.BrowserIdManager 505:512)

def getB64TStamp(
     b2a=binascii.b2a_base64,gmtime=time.gmtime, time=time.time,
     b64_trans=b64_trans, split=string.split,
     TimeStamp=TimeStamp.TimeStamp, translate=string.translate
     ):
     t=time()
     ts=split(b2a(`TimeStamp(*gmtime(t)[:5]+(t%60,))`)[:-1],'=')[0]
     return translate(ts, b64_trans)

Unfortunately, I don't know any C, and the TimeStamp function is only
available in C.  I'm hoping someone can spare a few minutes to explain
how this function could be coded in python so I can understand it, and
produce a non-python function to return valid browser ids.

I hope that makes sense!

Thanks

Miles