[Zope-dev] Re: Zope and Storm (SQL)

fairwinds at eastlink.ca fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Mon May 26 16:14:05 EDT 2008

Hi Martijn. This is very helpful and I appreciate your post. I'll be taking a closer look at the example for sure. I quite like what is happening with these solutions. I like the z3c.dobbin's  slick zope schema implementation and  would like to attempt a container implementation much along the lines of what you are demonstrating.. It would make rdb quite transparent.

Another interesting point about rdb and wsgi is what to do about site managers without zodb. Typically you set up your authentication and core utilities either within gsm or local site manager.  When you are registering utilities, many of the utilities set up folders  within the gsm or local site manager. Thinking about authenticators here but there are many others also .It has me asking whether I ought to be doing along these lines to refactor.  I  am aware of things such as repoze.who and authkit  that could be of benefit here. I am hoping to hear of  experience from folks moving in this direction to see how this is being handled. Many thanks.

Regards,
David