[Zope-dev] Re: zope.sqlalchemy, integration ideas

Benji York benji at zope.com
Fri May 30 14:51:12 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 2:35 PM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> I guess one difference here is that it seems more common in the RDB scenario
> to have multiple ways to reach the same object, and even if you just publish
> one, you can get to the actual object in multiple ways.
>
> In this case it'd be nice to convince IAbsoluteURL to somehow know which URL
> option is the best, or alternatively, give the object somehow its
> 'canonical' location (parent, etc) even if you don't get it that way.

I have an app that allows the same object to be reachable via several
URLs.  When we wanted one of the URLs to be preferred (none are really
"cononical" in my case), then we did just as you suggest above and added
a way for the IAbsoluteURL adapter(s) to know which URL was preferred.
It worked out quite well.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer