[Zope-dev] catalog performance: query plan

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Sun Nov 9 16:29:45 EST 2008

Lennart Regebro <regebro <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I would be interested in seeing a bunch of Gurus sit down at some
> sprint and trying to come up with a catalog engine that is incremental
> and uses query plans. There is no reason that would not be stupidly
> fast. :) We can then make a new catalog that uses this engine but has
> the same API as the old one, to ship with some future version of Zope,
> say 2.12.

There is the Plone Performance sprint we are hosting in Bristol, UK on the 11th
- 14th Dec.

http://plone.org/events/sprints/bristol-performance-sprint

Whilst it is billed as a Plone sprint, of course much of the speedups can be
done at the Zope level, so Zope-only developers are more than welcome :)

This is exactly the kind of thing that I like hacking on personally, so would
love to see it worked on at the sprint.

-Matt

Matt Hamilton                                       matth at netsight.co.uk