[Zope-dev] zope.security and zope.location depend on each other

Joachim König him at online.de
Fri Nov 14 09:54:18 EST 2008

Hello,

while trying to install zope.location (3.4.0) and zope.security (3.5.2)
from source
(in order to create a NetBSD-pkgsrc package) I noticed, that they specify
each other in their install-requires list in setup.py.

Looking at the code, they also import each other:

 > zope/location/location.py: from zope.security.decorator import
DecoratedSecurityCheckerDescriptor

 > zope/security/adapter.py: from zope.location import ILocation,
LocationProxy

This is only required at runtime, so this is not a (circular) build or
install dependency,
but as the NetBSD-pkgsrc build infrastructure wants to generate the
.pyc/.pyo files
at installation time, I still have a problem with that.

So my question is: Is this circular dependency really needed or could it
be avoided
somehow? It at least looks a bit strange to me. Two components should
not depend
on each other, or am I missing something?

Joachim