[Zope-dev] zope.component: calling an Interface and calling queryAdapter give differing results

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Oct 3 10:18:34 EDT 2008

Tres Seaver wrote:
>> I guess it must be, since calling an interface already does some adaptation.
>
> No, there is no dependency:  zope.interface defines a hook point that
> zope.component uses.  In the absence of zope.component, zope.interface
> uses a default implementation.

That sound pretty icky. What does this implementation do? Would a
similar implementation be needed for the 'adapt' method or do we just
raise a ComponentLookupError in the default implementation?

How do we test this different type of behaviour?
How do we test that zope.component provides the right hooks and that
they get called correctly?

>> Can anyone else confirm this and give me a hint as to where the tests
>> and code should go?
>
> Tests likely belong in 'zope.interface.tests.test_adapter'.

OK.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk