[Zope-dev] Zope 2.12 - supported Python versions

Hanno Schlichting hannosch at hannosch.eu
Wed Oct 15 09:00:37 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:
>> You mean the review of RestrictedPython?
>
> Yes.
>
> If RestrictedPython is to be reviewed for changes, it *might* be
> easier to do this for 2.4 -> 2.5 instead of the big leap of two python
> versions. This depends a bit on how such a review is structured.

It should be easier to never officially support Python 2.5, though. We
do want to end up at supporting Python 2.6 in the end.

I doubt that the review work of Python 2.4 -> 2.5 plus 2.5 -> 2.6 is
smaller than the Python 2.4 -> 2.6 work. If it is easier doing this
internally without having to support the intermediate result should
still be less work.

Hanno