[Zope-dev] ZCatalog caching with memcached

Hedley Roos hedley at upfrontsystems.co.za
Fri Oct 24 09:41:32 EDT 2008

Hi all

The past few weeks I've been optimizing a busy Plone site and so
collective.catalogcache was born.

It uses memcached as a distributed ZCatalog cache. It is currently in
production and seems to be holding just fine. The site went from being
unusable to serving quite a bit of data.

I'll modify it in future to not be too tied to just memcached, but
that's still some way off. BTW, if you do not have memcached available
the catalog functions as usual.

It's only been tested for Zope 2.9.6 - 2.10.6.

The repo is at
http://dev.plone.org/collective/browser/collective.catalogcache. The URL
may contain the word Plone but it's all Zope :) The readme contains more
info and instructions.

The product is a monkey patch to Catalog.py. I'd love some feedback and
suggestions.

Hedley