[Zope-dev] Idea: Create SQL-Alchemy tables via interfaces

Francois Lubbe francois at upfrontsystems.co.za
Wed Sep 3 09:35:35 EDT 2008

Hi Hermann,

I'm currently using ore.alchemist to map sqlalchemy tables to zope3
schemas. Ok, so I had to tweak a couple of stuff but the end result is
that I have objects which are mapped to rdbms tables via sqlalchemy and
I can use generic formlib forms which decreases my development time for
new features.

So my advice is checkout alchemist and ore.alchemist, it worked for me.

Regards
Francois Lubbe

PS: the reason I had to tweak stuff is because I'm migrating from
ZPatterns on Zope 2.7.8 to ore.alchemy/sqlalchemy on Zope 2.10.4 and I
needed to have both Zpatterns and ore.alchemy running on the same
instance as migrating everything at once was not a viable option.