[Zope-dev] Getting User Information

Rowan Woodhouse rwoodhouse at wirelessmeasurement.com
Mon Sep 15 05:18:22 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to work out how to get user information from a PAU folder in
Zope 3. When a user views or adds a page I either need to lookup the
creator or the current user and get their standard information (such as
full name, email etc).

I can see how to do that from the API - getPrincipal(id) - but what I am
wondering is how I can find out dynamically how to find out where the
PAU is. I guess I should be able to lookup the object using the fact
that it has been registered, but I don't know how to do that, nor where
to start looking (I've done quite a few google searches).

Any help/pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rowan