[Zope-dev] Interface for renderable component

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Tue Sep 16 13:54:25 EDT 2008

Hi Malthe

> Betreff: Re: [Zope-dev] Interface for renderable component
>
> 2008/9/16 Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu>:
> > Yeah, I like that. This is the right package, since it defines
> > high-level patterns without any heavy implementations.
>
> Unfortunately, ``zope.contentprovider`` relies on
> ``zope.tales`` because it implements a TALES expression and
> somehow, this package pulls in zope.app.*-packages.
>
> I think we should work to never have zope.*-packages depend on
> zope.app.* --- and perhaps declare a truce on minimizing
> dependencies within the zope.* group of packages (it seems
> very difficult).

zope.app.testing is only a test dependency. We have to
replace such zope.app.testing dependencies in moste z3c.*
package anyway. But first we need a better testing base for
doing so.

Are you thinking about a basic UI interface package.
where we probably define some interfaces e.g.
IBrowserPage and friends and nothing else?

This whould offer a good base for any other UI
framework to provide the right interfaces for
their implementation. Interfaces like IContentProvider
could depend on such an interface too. And the ITerms
interface could also become a part of this package rather
then move to a zope.term package which we already agreed on.

Regards
Roger Ineichen