[Zope-dev] zope.component: calling an Interface and calling queryAdapter give differing results

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 07:06:50 EDT 2008

Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
> I'm encouraged by the fact that this time it looks like people with time
> are interested enough to actually begin producing code?  At the time
> that I made the 2007 proposal I was still very new to the code base and
> never got the courage up (or time available) to start making changes...

The changes we're talking about are only really syntactic sugar so not
really that scary.

I'm left wondering where to put the tests, since while I know
zope.component relies on zope.interface, is the reverse true?

I guess it must be, since calling an interface already does some adaptation.

Can anyone else confirm this and give me a hint as to where the tests
and code should go?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk