[Zope-dev] Proposal: Remove the dependency of zope.app.exception on zope.formlib

Michael Howitz mh at gocept.com
Tue Apr 7 14:39:11 EDT 2009

Hi,

zope.app.exception depends on zope.formlib to use the NamedTemplate
for the Unauthorized view.
As zope.formlib has many dependencies I propose to depend on
z3c.template to get a named template.
(Even z3c.layer.pagelet depends on zope.app.exception (for the
Unauthorized view) and so it depends on zope.formlib.)

I implemented the proposal in svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/
zope.app.exception/branches/icemac_no_formlib (I also added a
minimized patch of my changes to this e-mail.)

Any comments on this implementation?

Should I do the include
<include package="z3c.template" file="meta.zcml" />
in zope.app.exception's configure.zcml or only in the ftesting.zcml?