[Zope-dev] several zope.* libs within gae (was ZCML implementations: where should they go)

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Apr 9 16:29:06 EDT 2009

Hey there,

Tim Hoffman wrote:
[snip]
> One question before I go.   I had to replace about 90% of
> zope.security (well get rid of it)
> what would be the best way of specifying a replacement for a core
> package like zope.security rather than just replacing it.
>
> If I wanted to share this work it would be a but confusing to call it
> zope.security, and it is a bit much to monkey patch.?
> Should I call it something like call it something like
> z3c.gae.security and just tell people to install it in zope.security ?

This is an interesting question.

Would it be possible to make changes in zope.security itself so that
there's is a "do-nothing" Python version available when you install it
on GAE?

zope.security is a bit like middleware in that much of your app will
continue to work if you don't use it. We could simply recognize this in
zope.security and have a mode for it so it doesn't actually create
security proxies.

Regards,

Martijn