[Zope-dev] uuid.UUID as a rock in zope.security

Hanno Schlichting hannosch at hannosch.eu
Fri Apr 10 11:32:35 EDT 2009

Jim Fulton wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2009, at 10:43 AM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> I know that Plone is moving away from untrusted code,
>
> I predict they won't, but we'll see.

Well, it's on the roadmap to move away from it. The use case of allowing
untrusted users to add Python code TTW to the system simply doesn't
exist anymore.

We do have the use-case of allowing trusted people to add templates or
code TTW and many other things like data level and view based security.
The RestrictedPython case however is something we will gladly give up.

Hanno