[Zope-dev] Proposal: Align Zope 2 and Zope 3 permissions

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Apr 13 02:23:08 EDT 2009

Martin Aspeli wrote at 2009-4-12 18:31 +0800:
>Finally, there is not total parity between Zope 2 security and Zope 3
>security. Zope 2 cannot protect 'property set', for example.

Since Zope 2.8, Zope 2 could in principle -- and until quite recently
I thought, it really can: it only fails with the "context" check
(is the accessed object in the context of the UserFolder authenticating
the current user). Of course, such checks fail for objects not acquisition
wrapped. If we let pass this check in such cases, Zope 2 can protect
property sets.

--
Dieter