[Zope-dev] who wants to maintain Zope 3?

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Mon Apr 13 10:11:21 EDT 2009

Hi Martin

This sounds much better then the earlier mails ;-)

I'm willing to help to find a way to move the old code
parts to a newer and better concept.

Note, I don't use this code in my own projects and I don't
propose to do that just for fun. But if someone proposes
to do it, I'm willing to help.

I think we have to support a smooth migration path for the
old ZMI views and we can't just skip them.

Releasing a Zope 3 app server is another part. I'm not sure
if Stephan Richter, he told once, will support it for the future?

I still think the Grok, Repoze, Plone, Zope 2 and Zope 3
developer should talk together and find a concept and see
how we can find a code base which will fit for each other.
This probably only means that we move the zmi part out of the
existing zope.* and z3c.* packages. And each project could
offer a own management concept and views for the same code base.

Regards
Roger Ineichen