[Zope-dev] who wants to maintain Zope 3?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Apr 14 11:23:49 EDT 2009

Hey,

Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:
[snip]
>> It's extremely important to understand the differences between Zope 3,
>> and Zope 3 technologies. The only thing that looks dead is Zope 3 as a
>> big monolithic application server. Few people are interested in that.
>> You seem to be. Hence the question: Who wants to maintain it. Do you?
>
> Unfortunately, I'm not in the position to do so. (Lack of time, not enough
> experience)...

Everybody thinks they lack the time and the experience. If a few of
those people got together and found out a way to work together, you
could do a lot.

Especially since the Zope Toolkit is actually maintaining most of the
code involved. You'd just need to take care that the ZMI still works,
that there's a way to install Zope 3, and that there's some
documentation for people who want to use Zope 3 too.

Regards,

Martijn