[Zope-dev] who wants to maintain the Zope 3 ZMI?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Apr 14 12:34:47 EDT 2009

Hi there,

In the whole discussion about Zope 3 I saw very few people speak up for
the Zope 3 ZMI.

So, who finds the Zope 3 ZMI useful? What parts of it do you find
useful? Are you interested in helping maintain it?

Note that I'm talking about the concrete Zope 3 ZMI here, not the
general concept of the ZMI. I think there are quite a few useful
concepts surrounding the ZMI, but the Zope 3 ZMI isn't that good at
making any of these concepts work right now, in my opinion.

If we get a consensus that the ZMI in Zope 3 isn't actually used a lot,
we could take a lot more drastic action in removing it from our codebase
than we've done before. If people are using it, we shouldn't do that of
course.

Regards,

Martijn