[Zope-dev] Proposal: Align Zope 2 and Zope 3 permissions

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Apr 14 12:37:50 EDT 2009

Hey,

Martin Aspeli wrote:
[snip]
>   - In ZCML (or a grok.require() directive) use the Zope 3 name

Grok also has a grok.Permission you can subclass, and those subclasses
can also be passed to grok.require().

>   - In code, e.g. when doing a checkPermission() call, use the Zope 2 name
>   - With GenericSetup's rolemap.xml, use the Zope 2 name

We haven't gotten around to making grok.Permission subclasses useful
here yet in Grok, but we should.

[various proposal]
> Thoughts?

I'm +1 on this, though with the caveat that I'm quite far from Zope 2
right now so I don't have a full picture of the impact. But it looks
like a good way to move Zope 2 closer to the Zope Toolkit approach.

Regards,

Martijn