[Zope-dev] who wants to maintain Zope 3?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 11:21:24 EDT 2009

2009/4/14 Fabio Tranchitella <kobold at kobold.it>:
> I fully agree: our company is based on zope3 technology, and we have at
> least three big deployments based on zope3 (yes, the application server)
> using ZODB and PostgreSQL/storm. I do not know in the details what would it
> mean to switch to the zope toolkit/repoze/whatever is fashionable today,
> but I suppose it would be quite painful for us.

You don't need to switch to the Zope Toolkit, because you are already
using it. Switching to BFG may or may not be painful, it depends on if
you have code that is dependent on zope.app.publisher, otherwise no.
If so you may want to help with the zope.pipeline proposal that
probably will end up creating a publisher that is more
zope.app.publication-like, but more modular and modern. That should
not be a big pain.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64