[Zope-dev] Defining Zope 3.

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Thu Apr 16 11:34:26 EDT 2009

> This message seems like a reasonable start to me:  "Zope 3 has become
> focused on supporting frameworks and applications, rather than trying
> to be one itself.  It is now called the Zope Toolkit.  Parts of it are
> used by Zope 2, Plone, Grok, Repoze.bfg, and by many other different
> applications and frameworks."

I also like this message because it is simple and positive enough for everyone inside and outside the dev community to
understand and buy into.

Insiders know that the Toolkit going forward will be much more focussed than old Zope 3 was, but outsiders don't need
those details; outsiders certainly won't understand subtle intra-project renamings and dyings. If some of those details
are positive selling points, they should appear in the official release notes and announcements.

Best - Simon