[Zope-dev] Defining Zope 3.

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Apr 16 12:10:01 EDT 2009

Hey,

Martijn Faassen wrote:
[snip]
> I put a mark in my calendar for October to reconsider the future of the
> name "Zope 3" then.

Given the responses to this thread I'm starting to lean towards pushing
the message to the outside that Zope 3 has become Zope Toolkit, has a
different focus, basically just as Gary stated, and really push this
message internally (on zope-dev) as well.

I'll think it over over the weekend (and discuss it with Christian
Theune, as we're near to each other in rl then).

If we want to do this right we need to come up with a good way to get
the message out. We've traditionally not been very good at this form of
communication, so hopefully this is also something we can do better in
the New Order. We might want to delay this external communication to
when we are in the alpha stage for the Zope Toolkit 1.0 release, however.

Regards,

Martijn