[Zope-dev] Defining Zope 3.

Rob Miller ra at burningman.com
Thu Apr 16 19:09:22 EDT 2009

Gary Poster wrote:
> This message seems like a reasonable start to me:  "Zope 3 has become
> focused on supporting frameworks and applications, rather than trying
> to be one itself.  It is now called the Zope Toolkit.  Parts of it are
> used by Zope 2, Plone, Grok, Repoze.bfg, and by many other different
> applications and frameworks."

indeed, this seems to me a very nice message.  short, pretty much accurate w/o
delving too much into the mind-numbing details.  yes, there may be some folks
out there using the full Z3KGS as an app server, but those are the foks that
already understand what's going on.  they're just another community of people
making good use of the Zope Toolkit.

who knows, maybe the app-server-now-known-as-the-full-Z3KGS will grow in
popularity to the point where it decides to rebrand itself as a groovy new
platform.  i'd recommend the name "Zapp".  ;)

-r