[Zope-dev] Defining Zope 3.

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 08:53:32 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 14:47, Carsten Senger <senger at rehfisch.de> wrote:
> Pushing this message inside the zope community is perfect. But I don't
> see a need to communicate to outsiders that Zope 3 has become the Zope
> Toolkit. This will be confusing to outsiders. They don't have to think
> about what Zope 3 is/was. As the discussions showed even participants of
> the zope developers mailing list have slightly different views on Zope3.

Now *I* am confused. I thought the idea was ti push it to outsiders.
Pushing it inside the Zope community would contradict what actually is
happening, and the community have the ability to understand what is
happening, so coming with a contra-factual story within the community
would be very confusing, I think.

> We can safely market the "Zope Toolkit" with it's features and
> qualities. At the same time we should push everything related to Zope
> 2|3 (maybe a bit clearer as "the Zope 2|3 Application Server") into the
> background. Insiders will find it. For outsiders we can add a warning
> that our focus is the Zope Toolkit, there are web frameworks out there
> that new developers can use, but the Zope 2/3 Application Servers are no
> longer recommended.

This makes sense.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64