[Zope-dev] How can I force the language for a particular template rendering?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Apr 17 15:14:51 EDT 2009

Hi All,

What I want to do is best shown in pseudocode:

something.setLanguage('fr')
text = my_page_template()
something.restoreLanguage()

...the reason I want to do this is that the results of that template
will not be in the language negotiated for the current user, as the
result is then emailed to someone who may not be speaking the same
language as them.

I can't find a way to specify a target_language that overrides the
negotiated language into the ZPT rendering process. Is there such a way?

Suggestions welcomed!

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk