[Zope-dev] Proposal: set __parent__ and __name__ in Zope 2.12 OFS

Matthew Wilkes matthew at matthewwilkes.co.uk
Sun Apr 26 12:16:08 EDT 2009

On 26 Apr 2009, at 16:53, Martin Aspeli wrote:

> We can fix this by introducing some code in OFS (and BTreeFolder2)
> that
> mimics what zope.container does.

Is there any risk involved in this?  It looks ok in theory, just that
we're at a4 of Zope 2.12, we should be getting wary of features.

> We have code for all three of these in plone.folder which could be
> pushed down to OFS an BTreeFolder2 quite easily.

plone.folder is GPL and owned by the Plone Foundation, BTreeFolder2 is
ZPL and owned by the Zope Foundation and contributors.  This sounds
like "quite easily" from a copy-the-code point of view, but doesn't
take account of legal issues.  You'd need at least a PF board vote.  I
doubt the Plone foundation is a Zope contributor, and I'm not sure if
their agreements would even be compatible, it may grant Zope Corp some
rights that weren't granted to the PF.

Matt